Have a Question? Drop us a line…
By joining Cork Potters you will be able to take part in exhibitions, workshops, meetings and other events organised by the Society. Where the Society opens events to non-members, paid-up members will have priority and be able to take part at reduced rates.
If you wish to become a member, you will be required to submit an application form which can be requested from the Membership Secretary by email.
This form and between 3 and 10 images of your current ceramic work, one image of yourself (for use on the website) can be returned, again by email.
There is a €50 application fee, which covers €30 annual subscription and €20 once-off set-up fee for your member’s web page. This payment can be made online once you receive the bank details from the Membership Secretary as part of your application process.
- Open to ceramic artists/craftspeople who live or work in Cork city or County, and who produce work of a consistent high quality, may apply for membership of the Cork Potters (CP) Society.
- Applications for membership must be accompanied by images and examples of work will be reviewed by the CP membership committee.
- The Society is looking for the work submitted to be of a consistently high professional standard and to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge and mastery of clay, awareness of techniques, creativity and technical ability.
- Successful applicants for membership are able to apply for ‘a member’s web page’ on the society web site with payment of set-up fee, at present €20 but this is subject to change.
- Members who do not pay their subscription on time will lose their entitlement to a member’s web page, and the page will be taken down.
Reinstatement of the page will incur a further set up fee cost.
- Members are eligible to submit work for all exhibitions organised by the Society.
- Members are eligible to vote at the A.G.M.